Sunday, September 6, 2009

Vacation to Lake Tahoe!

Narrated by Colin:
Every time my parents take me somewhere they first put me in a confined place. Whether it be the elevator to get outside, the car to get to daycare, or worst of all the plane to get to Tahoe. How do they expect a rambunctious little one like myself to sit still for 4 hours? And do they really think a couple of toys and a bag of snacks will help that much?

But - no matter what they put me in - the end result is pretty good! I got to spend a week with my cousin Evan, Aunt Jen and Uncle John. They live in Boston, but we won't hold that against them. Evan is a good time - he taught me things like playing in cabinets, the joys of spatulas, and even how to survive a bike trailer. I like to think I taught him a few things too, but I'm not sure.

Throughout the week - my parents took me fun places like the children's museum, the beach, the pool and for walks and hikesThey also took me some not so fun places, like the bike trailer (shudder) and well... this pretty lame place Northern Nevada calls a Zoo.



My mom wants you to know that yes, the bird is walking and flying about the zoo - no cage! and that we felt pretty secure behind the lion's lovely 2 fences that most have in their suburban backyard!

It was definitely a good time. Far away from the stresses of day care, plenty of snacks and even late bedtimes! Cool to see my parents a bit more too - what are they thinking - going to work so much!

Well, that's all for now. Thanks to my cuz for making this vacation one of the best! :)

1 comment:

jen heemstra said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures! The Reno Zoo looks even more sketchy than I had imagined!