Thursday, August 6, 2009

No time for pics...

Just a quick post.. Colin is only 1 month away from his 1st birthday!! I can hardly believe it was a year ago before we had him in our lives - we didn't know what we were missing! :)

He's doing well - first two teeth have arrived and the teething wasn't too dreadful. We'll see when the next group comes in. He's been super active, hinting at walking but REFUSING to wear shoes. I'll try to catch a video in the next few days. I put shoes on him and he fusses and pulls at them until he gets them off. It's ridiculous.

He's also moved on to table food - LOVES fruits (bananas, canned peaches, etc.) The day care is pretty hilarious because they feed him all sorts of stuff - cauliflower, grilled cheese, turkey sandwiches, they just keep telling me - wow, he's such a good eater! I just think um.... Have you seen his tummy? Was there ever a doubt? Plus I can recall his early months when he would finish his bottle and just whimper... what can I say, the kid loves food.

We went over to Candi and Eric's last night for a mexican fiesta! It is so good to have great friends to just chill with. We laughed about in-law stuff, groaned about work stuff and got excited about wedding stuff! Plus - we had free entertainment watching Gipper give Colin wet willies... pretty funny! :)

This weekend J has a golf outing and we're celebrating his sister's graduation from Eastern Illinois. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

jen heemstra said...

Wow . . . I can't believe Colin is almost 1 . . . and eats cauliflower - I won't even eat that stuff!

Do you think he can give Evan some eating lessons next time we're out?